Apricot Frangipane Tart
Apricot Frangipane Tart is one of the most delicious tarts ever. Buttery flaky crust, almond filling topped with ripe sliced apricots, by far one of the best summer tarts.
To print the recipe check the full recipe on my blog:
Makes about 10-12 servings
1 1/4 cups (160g) all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp (1g) salt
2 tbsp (30g) sugar
1/2 tsp (2g) almond extract
1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter, chilled, cut into small (1/2-inch) cubes
1 egg yolk
2 tbsp (30ml) ice water
For coating the crust
about 2 tbsp (30g) apricot jam
1/2 cup (113g) butter, room temperature
1/2 cup (100g) sugar
1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
1 tsp (5g) almond extract
1 1/4 cup (125g) ground almonds
2 tbsp (20g) flour
3 or 4 (200g) apricots, sliced
apricot jam, warmed, optional
1. Prepare the sweet pastry. In a medium bowl whisk flour with sugar and salt. Incorporate butter using a pastry blender, a fork or a pastry processor, until crumbs are formed. Add egg yolk, almond extract and water and stir until incorporated.
2. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap, shape into a rectangle and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. On a lightly floured surface roll the dough to a 8×16 in (20x40cm) rectangle.
4. Line a 5×14 in (12X36cm) tart pan with the rolled dough and press the edges. Trim the excess dough. Prick the shell with a fork and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
6. Line the shell with parchment paper and fill with pie weights or beans. Bake for 20 minutes.
7. Remove the parchment paper and weights and bake for 10 minutes more.
8. Let it cool slightly on a cooling rack.
9. Prepare the frangipane filling. In a large bowl mix butter with sugar until creamy. Incorporate eggs one at a time. Add vanilla extract and almond extract. Gently incorporate ground almonds and flour.
10. Spread a thin layer of apricot jam over the base.
11. Spread frangipane evenly and arrange the apricot slices on top pressing them slightly into the frangipane.
11. Bake at 350F (180C) for 25-30 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and brush with warm apricot jam.
12. Let it cool before serving. Enjoy!
Break My Heart by Katrina Stone (Break My Heart) Artlist
Patience by Muted (Constant Motion) Artlist