Baked Sesame Salmon Recipe
This Baked Sesame Salmon is very easy and quick to prepare. The salmon pieces are marinated in a soy sauce, honey, ginger, sesame oil and garlic mixture which gives salmon a great flavor and a great balance between sweet and spicy. There’s no way not to fall in love with this recipe from the first bite.
Makes 4 servings
1 pound (500g) salmon
1 inch (2cm) piece of ginger, grated
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp (15g) sweet chili sauce
1 tbsp (15ml) rice vinegar
1 1/2 tbsp (30g) honey
3 tbsp (45 ml) soy sauce
1 tbsp (15g) sesame oil
Sesame seeds for serving
Green onion, chopped
1. In a small bowl combine ginger with garlic, soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, rice vinegar, honey and sesame oil.
2. Cut the salmon in 4 pieces and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Place the salmon pieces in a bowl, pour the soy sauce marinade over it, cover and marinate for at least 30 minutes to overnight.
4. Preheat the oven to 400F (200C). Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
5. Place the salmon pieces into the prepared pan and bake for 15-20 minutes. From 5 to 5 minutes brush the top with the marinade used.
6. Sprinkle sesame seeds and chopped green onion on top and serve immediately over rice and vegetables. Enjoy!