Chocolate Meringue Roses Recipe
Chocolate Meringue Roses – delicate and elegant dessert that can be made in advance for any occasion and everybody will be impressed and delighted. The meringues are dipped in dark chocolate which is balancing very well their sweetness. With their crispy texture these meringues completely melt in your mouth.
To print the recipe check the full recipe on my blog:
Makes 23-25 meringues
2 egg whites (70g), room temperature
pinch of salt
1/2 cup (100g) sugar
1/2 tsp (3g) vanilla extract
Red food coloring
4 oz (120g) dark chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 200F (95C).
2. Whip egg whites with salt until foamy. Gradually add sugar and whip until firm peaks form. Add vanilla extract and red food coloring and mix to combine.
3. Fit a piping bag with 1M (½ inch- 1cm) large star tip. Make 4 lines of red food coloring on the inside of the piping bag.
4. Transfer the meringue into the piping bag.
5. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper make 2 inch (5cm) roses starting from the center and making circles around.
6. Bake for 90 minutes. Turn off the oven and leave the meringues in the oven until the oven is completely cooled, about 2-3 hours more or even overnight.
7. Melt chocolate over bain-marie.
8. Dip bottoms in chocolate and place on parchment paper to set.
9. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.