Curry Mac and Cheese Recipe
If you like mac and cheese and you like curry recipes. You are going to LOVE this curry mac and cheese! This macaroni and cheese is creamy, rich and spiced with curry flavors. This curries mac and cheese is a great fusion dish
Visit my online shop: https://bit.ly/TCFShop and explore baking supplies and kitchen tools for all of your baking needs.
*Every purchase you make supports my content creation.
Full printable recipe + tip: https://www.thecookingfoodie.com/recipe/Curry-Mac-and-Cheese-Recipe
More recipes you might like:
One Pot Mac and Cheese: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzLn0pXntNE
/>Classic Macaroni and Cheese: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxVZuuxxXxk
/>Chicken Parmesan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er2n6HRa64s
/>Vegetable Lasagna: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sehS8QFaV4s
The Cooking Foodie Shop: https://shop.thecookingfoodie.com/
5 tablespoons (75g) Butter
1 onion, chopped
4-5 Garlic cloves, crushed
1 tablespoon Ginger, grated
4 Tablespoons (30g) Flour
1 tablespoon Garam masala
1 teaspoon Curry powder
1 teaspoon Paprika
4 cups (1L) Coconut milk
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
7oz (200g) Cheddar cheese
70z (200g) Mozzarella cheese
14oz 400g Pasta
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
2. Grate the cheeses and combine then in a large bowl. set aside.
3. To a large pot of water and 1 tablespoon of salt and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and cook to al dente (1-2 minutes less then package instructions).
4. While the pasta is cooking make the sauce: In a large pot, melt 4 tablespoons (60g) of butter add chopped onion sauté over medium-low heat until golden, about 6-7 minutes, add crushed garlic and grated ginger. Cook for 1 minute. Add garam masala, curry powder and paprika, cook for 1 minute. Melt another tablespoon (15g) of butter and add flour, cook, stirring constantly until smooth paste forms.
5. Gradually, while constantly whisking, pour the coconut milk. Whisk until smooth. Cook until slightly thickens, about 5-6 minutes.
6. Add 3/4 of the cheese mixture and whisk until melted and combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Drain the pasta and add to the sauce.
8. Transfer to a 12-inch (30cm) round baking dish, sprinkle the remaining 1/4 of the cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
#curry #macandcheese #recipe
If you like my videos, please subscribe to my channel for new cooking videos: https://www.youtube.com/c/thecookingfoodie?sub_confirmation=1