How to Make Quinoa Patties | Quinoa Cakes Recipe
Healthy quinoa patties (cakes) recipe. Crispy on the outside, soft and flavorful on the inside. High protein delicious quinoa cakes.
1½ cups (260g) quinoa
3 cups (720ml) water
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/4 bunch parsley
4 eggs, beaten
1/2 teaspoon + 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons + 3 tablespoons olive oil
1. Rinse the quinoa under cool water, until the water comes out transparent. Put rinsed quinoa in a medium saucepan. Add water, 1/2 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes until the quinoa is fluffy. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Let cool. Transfer to a large bowl.
2. Finely chop the onion, grate zucchini and carrot. Chop fresh parsley.
3. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add chopped onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add crushed garlic, grated zucchini and carrot. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 7-8 minutes.
4. To the bowl with cooked quinoa and the cooked vegetables, 1/2 tsp salt, black pepper and chopped parsley. Mix until well combined.
5. With your hands, shape patties from the mixture.
6. In a large pan with olive oil. Fry the patties for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel.