Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies
These chocolate cookies are a delight for any chocoholic. What can you say more: Chocolate, chocolate and again chocolate. These are the main ingredients of these cookies. Is that easy.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies
4 ounces (120 g) bittersweet chocolate
1/2 cup (1 stick-110g) butter
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cup (250g) granulated sugar
1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
1/2 cup (60g) unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp (3g)salt
1/2 tsp (2g) baking soda
1 1/2 cups (8 ounces-240g) chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 325 F (165 C). In a medium bowl combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
2. Melt the butter and 4 ounces of bittersweet chocolate together over low heat or bain marie. Remove from heat and add the vanilla extract.
3. Combine the eggs and sugar and beat at medium speed with a hand mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the chocolate mixture and stir until well combined.
4. Add the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips or chocolate chunks.
5. Drop 1-1/2 tablespoon portions 2-inches apart onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
6. Bake for no longer than 13 minutes — they should be slightly underbaked so the interior stays chewy and soft. Remove the whole sheet of parchment to a cooling rack and cool until just warm and set.